Thursday, December 11, 2008

Music and Movie Blog Round-Up

I've been too lazy this week to actually write something myself, so instead I'm going to parasitically refer over to various other art-related blogs that caught my interest:

The Bioscope has an interesting post about George Bernard Shaw’s opinions about movies as well as his career in them.

Self-Styled Siren lists 10 things she loves about old movies. I would add two more things: 1) adorable country cottages you could stay at when life in the city got too tough; and 2) fast-talking dames.

And in case you had any doubts about just how damn good Chinatown really was, check out PilgrimAkimbo’s analysis of John Alonzo’s masterful cinematography and the rule of thirds.

And finally, Michael Monroe muses on the similarity between the music of Anton Webern and that of – I shit you not – The Andy Griffith Show.

No comments: